<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><mads xmlns="http://www.loc.gov/mads/" xmlns:mods="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/mads/
	mads.xsd"><authority><topic authority="https://vocabularios.eca.usp.br/vcaa/">Franciscan Church and Convent of Saint Anthony</topic></authority> <note xml:lang="en">&lt;p&gt;&lt;span data-sheets-root=&quot;1&quot;&gt;With the original construction of the convent and church completed in 1612 and 1613, the site was taken during the Dutch occupation, undergoing transformations in order to be converted into a fortress, known as Fort Ernestus or the “Fortress of the Convent.”The structure was later expanded and repaired following the expulsion of the Dutch and the return of the friars.&lt;br /&gt;In the Baroque style, the Church of Saint Anthony underwent renovations in 1753 and 1770, which gave it its current layout. Its façade follows a triangular framing and is composed of a portico with five carved stone arches; its single tower is set back in relation to the plane of the façade, creating a diagonal shift in the composition—a characteristically Baroque effect.&lt;br /&gt;The Church of Saint Anthony is clad in tiles, features bell windows with straight lintels, and includes a German clock on the northern side, while, on the left side, a large arcade with an iron railing separates the Conventual Church from the Golden Chapel. The convent’s cloister is surrounded by a corridor of arcades supported by stone columns. The walls are lined with Portuguese tile panels from the mid-19th century, depicting scenes from the biblical Book of Genesis.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt; </note></mads>